Friday 21 September 2012

I ache for you



I dunno what you've done to me,
How you crept inside my heart without me knowing,
How a smile,
A word,
A touch of your lips,
Bedazzled my soul,.

This spirit is aching,
The emptiness I feel as you severed all contact,
Is crushing,
Consuming.

I wanna write,
Open my heart to you,
Plead with you,
Let you see this bleeding heart,
But I'm afraid.

This nothingness haunts me,
Taunts my every thought,
Did you feel at all?
Can you shut my world out so callously?
Did I mean that little?

You felt real,
You felt honest and good,
I could see your pain,
Your fear,
Your longing.

Can you put all of that in a box,
Close the lid,
And forget?
I hope not.

Threes a huge void,
Where you existed,
Albeit briefly,
Did i imagine those feelings,
That touch,
That ache?

Please don't run,
If you feel anything at all,
Stay,
I will wait for you.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment